Thursday, July 31, 2008

Let's talk about this.

Comment on my last post by "rich" - "Wow, that could be the most consecutive lines of bullshit I've ever read in my life."

I'm not sure who you are, although I can certainly make assumptions. I am trying to be respectful on here and deal with things in an adult manner, and truly this blog is for my friends and family. Seeing as you can clearly be neither, I would appreciate you explaining yourself. What about a person's recovery during a hard time is bullshit? I'm not understanding. Truly, if you have been offended in some way (which I can only imagine you have been, or else why would you take the time and go out of your way to hurt someone?) please share, because I am only trying to share my own experiences.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

1. Feeling a connection with the earth
2. Claiming the earth knows what you're feeling

You don't know me.

CJFord said...

Too bad for you that you don't know her - sounds like you could benefit from the way she looks at the world. You probably don't remember studying metaphors in school, but you may want to look it up - literate people use them frequently to communicate effectively.

Caitlin said...

Well, I appreciate that you don't believe people can feel a connection with the earth/that the earth can't know what you're feeling, I wasn't trying to change anybody's opinions about that. But I do feel like you could have found a kinder way to say you disagree. I know that, since I was the one who chose to put myself and my opinions on the internet, I am also at a risk for others to put me/my opinions down. But since I have always tried to be respectful, I would appreciate the same respect in return. I'm not sure why you chose to read my blog if you don't know who I am, but even though it's public, it is really just meant for my friends and family. I appreciate the opinions of others, but since you don't seem like someone who would agree with much of what I say, I would appreciate it if you would find a different blog to post on.