Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ein Leben ohne Ende.

Hiking on Saturday was BEAUTIFUL. My friend, Daniel, kind of went at light-speed, so I didn't have a LOT of time to admire the countryside, but now I know a path I can take this weekend if the weather is nice. I want to go take pictures, it's just so beautiful! Even though we were walking quickly, it took about 2 hours and we talked about politics and culture and other interesting things the whole time. Really great! He told me about a party that night, which I considered going to but it ended up being a pretty big dud so I skipped out. Instead, Michael and I went into town for an ice cream; we walked going into town, and then rode the tram back. Then, I got dressed up (in case I decided to go to the party) and went over to Michael's to meet his roommate and their friends. All were super awesome, I really enjoyed talking to them! Then I peered in at the party (it was in the Vaubar, right underneath Michael's apartment) and, as I said, there were about 10 people in there and I couldn't tell if I knew any, so I went home, a little disappointed not to have anything to do. Still, I was getting over my cold so I'm glad I didn't push it too much. Sunday, I really wanted to go into town for lunch, because I stupidly assumed SOMEone would want to do the same, but it was like pulling teeth trying to find someone to go with me. It ended up being Michael again, and we WALKED both ways, so tons of exercise there:-P Then, for dinner, my roommates made some wickedly-awesome lasagna (I helped a LITTLE, I guess,) and we all hung out which was wonderful. I'm always pretty quiet at these events, either because everyone speaks so fast that I can't really input anything, or else because they are talking about something (people, profs) I don't know about. Still, I got to know Corrina a little better, and she is SO cool. She's moving out today, heading to Berlin, and I'm really, really bummed we didn't have more time to hang out. This week, I have TONS of down time. Yesterday, my second class was cancelled so I only had my 2pm, and that allowed me to get to know Judith, who is a GREAT lady and is going to help me buy a local SIM card so that I can actually have a social life in Germany:-P I spent most of the rest of the day working away at the rest of my Swedish. This is going to be a super work-intensive course, but na ja. Das geht. Today, Swedish is the only course I have, so I'm meeting up with Maike (my tandem partner) at 1pm to do some tandem-ing, and then after my course this evening I'm finally meeting up with Maria again, which will be so nice because I adore her. We're grabbing ice cream, and then heading to a film club presentation. Sweet! Tomorrow, the only thing on tap is step aerobics at 5:30, so I hope to be really productive and get a big chunk of homework out of the way. Thursday, I have to get up at 7am ( :( ) so that I can go work with Aaron, but the upside is I will be receiving some payment for my toils. Hoorayyy! I'll work for three hours with him, meaning I'll be done by noon. That gives me the rest of the day to nap, perhaps go on my hiking adventure, and otherwise get more work done AND socialize. Hopefully. Thursday is a holiday here, which is why I can do all of these things. Anyway, then I have no classes Friday, giving me a real three-day weekend! I'm trying to decide if I want to attempt a mini-trip anywhere. We'll have to wait and see. Now that I am getting to know people here, I feel like I would prefer to stay and get to know them better. Anyway, I have to get moving, so that's all for now!

No comments: