Saturday, April 26, 2008

Alles sehen, dass du Angst hast.

It's been a week, and there is SO much to report! I'm hoping to go hiking soon, though, so I'm not sure how much time I have. Also I'm a little tired, so I'll just give a brief overview.

The International party on Saturday was kind of a bust - I have no idea how the party actually was (although I heard it was cramped,) but the *way* in which I did the party, e.g. running into another guy heading there, because both of us were lost, and then being intercepted by one of his international buddies and wandering around the city forever until I was a million blocks away from home and walked back and it was cold, was not so fun. However, I bucked up and somehow was brave enough to go to the Vaubar party, which was a party for my neighborhood. GREAT answer:) It was so much fun, I met some amazing people, and yeah - just a really great choice! The next day I kind of bummed around the house, terrified of the imminence of school starting the next day. And it started with a cold and rainy day, which is important because of my current condition (we'll get there.) I had my first class at 2pm, a course on 19th century American short stories. The prof is a little sketchy, but it should be my one super-easy course, so I'll take it. The next course was another English seminar on American Romanticism, and was SO much better. Jon Adams is going to be a fun prof to work with, I think (hope)! The next day I spent a lot of time with three of my international buddies, walking around in the raininess and coldishness, which was a bad choice because as the day went along, I could feel myself getting sick. Oh, crap. So Tuesday was my Swedish course, which is going to be super tough but super rewarding, I think. Wednesday, I went to a "Hauptseminar," which is basically like an easy grad course, I would imagine, and even though it was super interesting, I decided to drop it because I want to spend my time in Germany exploring the countryside and meeting people, not with my nose in a book (particularly an English book!) So, my Wednesdays are now going to be free, which means I intend to work on Wednesdays and then do my step aerobics class at night. I skipped step on Wednesday, though, in an attempt to get better. So, when I woke up on Thursday, I felt a lot better. Unfortunately, I then was stuck at school for most of the day. My German poetry lecture was SO difficult to understand, but since that's what I'm looking for, I'm sticking with it. Then I had my other course with Adams, where we will be PUBLISHING A BOOK holy poop!!! I'm so excited about this course:) Then Friday is another free-day, which is totally wonderful. Unfortunately, since I was out at school all day Thursday, I felt crappy again yesterday and spent the WHOLE day in my room. Boo. Thus, since it is a BEAUTIFUL day, I want to get out and hike. I think I will go check on my hiking buddy in just a few minutes to make sure he's still interested in going. I'm sure I just left out a TON of stuff, but I'm rushed and a little tired. Basically, I need to continue to take it semi-easy this weekend so I don't get super sick again for this upcoming week...being sick is awful. I still feel a little yucky today, but SO much better than before. OK, bye for now!

1 comment:

CJFord said...

Hope you got your hike in today! Glad you are feeling better. Hope next week you are at 100% so you can experience it full force. Sounds like classes will be a nice mix. Enjoy.